5 Facts About Breast Cancer
Updated: Oct 18, 2022
Breast cancer when happens when cells in your breast grow and divide in an uncontrolled way, creating a mass of tissue called a tumor. A malignant tumour is a group of cancer cells that can grow into (invade) surrounding tissues or spread (metastasise) to distant areas of the body.
1. Breast Cancer is the most common cancer among Singaporean women.
Colorectal cancer and lung cancer are the next two most common cancers.
2. Breast cancer accounts for 1 in every 3 cancer cases in females.
3. 1 in 13 women in Singapore will develop breast cancer in her lifetime.
The majority of the cases are seen in women between 40 to 69 years old.
4. Each year, there are over 2000 newly diagnosed cases of breast cancer
and over 400 women die from it.
5. Men can develop breast cancer.
Less than 1% of all breast cancer occurs in men. Only one in 1000 men will ever be diagnosed with breast cancer. Most men who develop breast cancer are usually 60 – 70 years old.
* All statistics herein are provided by the Singapore Cancer Registry.
Join us in making a difference.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Throughout the month of October, we'll be sharing facts and tips about breast cancer. So spread the word and stay tuned!
To help support the fight against breast cancer and those affected by it, part of the proceeds at Dreamline Aesthetics and Dreamline Bodyclinic will be donated to the Breast Cancer Foundation. BCF is a non-profit organisation in Singapore with the mission to eradicate breast cancer as a life-threatening disease.
If you know someone who has been affected by breast cancer, wear a pink ribbon and let them know that they are not alone in the fight!